Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cha-ching for Zibbet sales

The one thing I knew that I would miss when I moved from Etsy to Zibbet was the cha-ching from the app anytime I made a sale.  So, I started searching for possible ways to achieve that on Zibbet and came across this video: http://media.macworld.com/media/vodcast/mwvodcast158-boxcar.m4v
 
In the video, the speaker shows the use of an app, Boxcar, to set up alerts on his iPhone or iPad, using a filter in gmail.  He associates a sound with the alert he has created.   There are many sounds to choose from including “cash” which gives the cha-ching sound I wanted.

I followed the instructions on the video and didn’t have any problems.  In the beginning, I had the filter set in my gmail account to “zibbet.com.”  So, I was hearing cha-ching anytime an email came in from zibbet.com.  But last night at 3:20 a.m., the cha-ching coming from my iPhone woke me up - I had made my first sale!  So, I was able to add to my filter the subject line from the email alerting me: A sale was made on your account.

Hope some other Zibbet sellers will find this information useful as they transition to Zibbet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving Zibbet for vintage, and this is a helpful tip! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete