Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Unique toy storage

Using macrame planters as toy storage

I wanted toy storage in the nursery, because I knew toys can easily get out of control if you don't contain them.  But I also wanted something a little unusual and unique.  I found this great post on babble which shows some unusual ideas.
 
As I was looking for teddy bear items on Etsy, I ran across the cutest vintage macramé plant hanger.  It had these porcelain bears and wooden blocks woven into the hanger.  The bells in my head started ringing, DING . . . DING . . . DING . . .  And I knew I could use the plant hanger as hanging toy storage.  But one wasn't enough so I looked around on Etsy and found lots of other macramé plant hangers in many different colors and bead combinations.

So, after I had received the plant hangers I ordered for the nursery, I went to the dollar store and looked for some plastic bowls to put in the bottom of the hangers to actually hold the toys.  I found two there but also found a $2 bowl at Target.


This is by far my favorite hanger because of the bears and blocks.  It really is unique and perfect for the nursery theme.

Teddy bear macrame planter for toy storage

And I love all the primary colors which are perfect for the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment