Saturday, June 29, 2013

Using vintage linens in the nursery

Using vintage teddy bear lamp shade iin nursery

 I love vintage linens but don't like to stick them away in the drawer.  So, I love to repurpose them when and where I can.  The nursery for my great-nephew will include some repurposed vintage linens.

I was looking for a bear lampshade for the nursery, because I had bought a baseball lamp from an Etsy seller.  So, I was delighted to find another Etsy seller who specializes in making lampshades and even more delighted to see that she had a bear lampshade made from a vintage linen.  The shade was the perfect size and color for the lamp and for the nursery.  Some things are just meant to be.

My niece has a vintage wicker rocking chair that her grandmother gave her.  While it is perfect for the nursery, the cushions needed to be recovered or replaced.  So, I recovered the bottom cushion and made a new cushion for the chair back out of a vintage linen which was actually a dresser scarf.  I cut the scarf in half.  This side will be the front of the cushion - and notice the teddy bear.

Making a pillow out of vintage linen for nursery

And this side will be the back of the cushion.

Vintage linen pillow for nursery

No comments:

Post a Comment