Sunday, May 13, 2012

DIY Groom Boutonniere

Customizing a groom's boutonniere

In my last post, I showed some velvet flowers I bought on Etsy to use as boutonnieres for the men. I wanted to add to the groom's boutonniere to make it special. I decided to use one of the same red hydrangeas that I had used in the brooch bouquet. I put a floral stem wire through the back of the velvet flower and wrapped the wire around the hydrangea stem.



Next, I cut the stem off to the length I wanted and then cut a piece of yellow ribbon to wrap around it. The ribbon turned out to be the perfect width. I glued it to the stem with fabric glue and wrapped it around. I glued the end of it down with fabric glue.


I decided to hot glue a piece of felt to the back of the hydrangea. Not only did it give a more finished look to the boutonniere but it made the hydrangea flowers lay in a better position.


I think it turned out pretty nicely for very little work and effort.

Customizing a groom's boutonniere

Here's a link to the Etsy seller - she does wonderful work and was so nice too!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/delightfuldesigner?ref=pr_shop_more

2 comments:

  1. JewelryByDorothy.etsy.comMay 13, 2012 at 5:48 AM

    Mary, I hope you will add some of your creative work in you shop. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorothy - I hope to do so once this wedding is over. Thank goodness my list is getting shorter!

    ReplyDelete