Saturday, April 14, 2012

Doily wedding chair backs for bride and groom

DIY wedding chair backs for bride and groom

If you've been reading my wedding entries, you will have seen that I am using doilies throughout the decorations. One weekend I went to the flea market and bought two large plastic bags filled with doilies. In the bags were several (what I think are) antimacassars - doilies to drape over the backs of chairs. As I looked at them, I had the idea to use them as backs for the bride and groom's chairs at the wedding. They were both white so in keeping with the colors my niece was using - red and yellow - I dyed them yellow. Then I bought some iron-on letters in black to put "MR" and "MRS" on them. Finally, I purchased some red velvet ribbon to be used to tie the doilies to the chairs. I think they turned out pretty well. Of course, they will look better on the actual chairs. They're wide enough to fit most chairs and the ribbon can be adjusted along the length of the doilies and is easily threaded through any of the holes.

Wedding chair backs for bride and groom made from doilies

No comments:

Post a Comment