Thursday, October 22, 2015

Adding an accent wall

Living room accent wall using HGTV Home Sherwin Williams Spiced Cider

All the walls in my house are a taupe color, and I left them that way when I moved in because I figured I could use furniture and accessories to add color.  I love color but I also love to change up things every now and then, so I didn't want to be locked into a color choice that I might regret later.

However, the more I looked at the wall where my couch is located, the more I thought it begged to be an accent wall.  I have a lot of greens and blues in my house, but I decided using one of those colors as an accent would be too much.  Eventually, I chose Spiced Cider - SW7702 - from the Sherwin Williams HGTV Home collection.  

This is the couch and wall before I painted.  You can see how the couch almost blends into the wall.


Adding the accent wall really makes the couch, pillows and accessories pop.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Living room accent wall painted with HGTV Home Sherwin Williams spiced cider


No comments:

Post a Comment