Friday, January 27, 2012

DIY Vintage Brooch Bouquet - Tutorial Part 3


My niece requested ostrich feathers somewhere in her bouquet because her dress has some ostrich feathers on the bottom. So, I bought an ostrich feather trim from an Etsy seller. I placed the trim - which measures 6" long - on the sticky side of a piece of green tape that is about 2" longer than the trim on both ends. The tape is Scotch plastic tape.


I turned the bouquet upside down and started rolling the tape with trim around the top of the bouquet, right below the jewelry. I had to be really careful because the feathers kept getting stuck to the tape as I wrapped it around and also wanted to hang up in the jewelry. I pulled as tight as I could while I was wrapping the tape around.


My next step was to take the red hydrangeas which were the next layer and position them around the bouquet under the feathers. Again, I worked with the bouquet upside down, because I wanted the feathers to stay where they were and it was easier to keep them that way from an upside down position.

I held the flowers in position and took my green tape and started wrapping it around. Again, I pulled it as tightly as I could. This was difficult at times because I was trying to hold the flowers in position with one hand and wrap with the other. The tape doesn't look as smooth as it could but I'm going to cover it anyway.


I'm going to go back and wrap the stems again and go all the way down to the bottom. But I'm still working on ideas for what will cover the bouquet handle and so will go back and do that as part of the final step.

Here is the bouquet with feathers and flowers attached.


Link to Tutorial Part 1

Link to Tutorial Part 2

Link to Tutorial Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment