Sunday, January 29, 2012

An Early Spring

I think spring has arrived. I'm waking up to birds singing outside my window and the daffodils are beginning to bloom.



My Georgia Blue Veronica is also putting on blooms. I love the true blue flowers. And it survives even in the hottest of summers.



The chinese fringe shurbs are beginning to put on their spring flowers. These are wonderful shrubs for the south. They bloom in the spring and fall and have beautiful burgundy leaves.



Most amazingly of all, I already have a rose with buds and bloom. I thought it was a piece of paper when I looked out my window and was shocked to realize it was a bloom.



I don't usually get out in my yard to do my cleanup for spring until March, but it looks like I'd better get started or I will be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment