Monday, November 28, 2011

Using vintage in Christmas decor

I'm featuring items from Etsy sellers in this posting. There are some really beautiful vintage items offered on Etsy and I love making treasuries which showcase them. It also allows me to pair items and colors that are definitely out-of-the-box for me.

This treasury showcases items that are primarily purple, red and white.

'Purple and red for Christmas' by TouchingThePast




Vintage Doilies Lot of 5 - V...


$10.00
Stunning Lot of Antique Amet...


$36.00
Vintage Christmas Ornaments ...


$32.00
antique lace trim lot 15 des...


$28.00
Lot of 5 Vintage Salvaged O...


$7.50
Antique and Vintage Large an...


$18.99
Vintage Millinery Fruit Made...


$5.95
48 Vintage Red Colored Mercu...


$6.00
Perky Purple Poppies - Embro...


$25.00
Milk Glass Wedding Centerpie...


$44.50
Vintage Christmas Mercury Be...


$15.00
100 Vintage Cards - 1930s-50...


$19.95
8 Crocheted Christmas Orname...


$15.00
plum candy dish/bowl


$15.00
Pair of Vintage Needlepoint ...


$250.00
Hand Blown Purple Salad and ...


$21.00



Here is how I would use these items.

For my Christmas tree, I would use the doilies, chandelier prisms, skeleton keys and red umbrellas as ornaments. I would string the buttons together to use as a garland. I would also use the lace trim as garland on the tree. I would make a tree topper out of the purple fruit and red mercury picks. Then, I would put the tablecloth under the tree as a skirt.

For my mantel, I would start with the milk glass vases. I would put red candles in different shapes and sizes in some of the vases and also directly on the mantel. I would use the red mercury glass garland to string the Christmas cards across the mantel. Above the mantel, I would hang the seven purple saucers in a Christmas tree formation.

 

I love using pillows in my holiday decor, so I would put the two needlepoint pillows on my couch or chairs. I would fill the purple bowl with the crocheted red ornaments and sit it on a table.

This is just a beginning. I know there are lots more purple, red and white items I can find on Etsy that I would also be able to incorporate in my holiday decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment