Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekly roundup of Etsy items

I'm going to begin a weekly roundup of new items I list in my Etsy shop.

The first listing is for two red and gold florentine trays. They are different sizes and different styles. I think they would look so lovely hanging on the wall together. The smaller tray measures 10" x 12 1/2". It has a paper label on the back which reads "Art. V R / l Dorato a mano con foglia di Similoro Florence Made in Italy." The larger tray measures 12 5/8" x 16 1/4". It has a Florence Made in Italy embossed on the back as well as a paper label which says Hand Made in Italy.



The second listing is for a carnival glass beaded bag. The beading is all intact and it is lovely. The pictures really don't do it justice. The binding is coming loose on the inside and really needs to be redone at some point. The bag has a metal chain at the top which is pulled to close the bag.



The third listing is for a very unusual doorstop. I love vintage doorstops and am always on the lookout for them. I see baskets with flowers quite often but I've never seen one like this - a vintage boot with two cats. It is marked on the back with a number - hard to read but I believe it is 8020 with a letter in front of that - and a copyright symbol with Emig Products Inc. The doorstop is 9 1/2" high, 6" wide and 2 3/4" wide at the base. I believe that Robert Emig was a distributor of cast iron products in the 30's and 40's.



The fourth listing is for two Wilton cast iron trivets. They are painted in the Pennsylvania Dutch style and are both marked Wilton on the back. The heart shaped trivet is 5 3/8" long and 2 7/8" wide. The round trivet is 3" wide and 5 1/2" long.



You can find additional pictures of these items in my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TouchingThePast. I am happy to provide additional pictures or information.

No comments:

Post a Comment