Sunday, February 19, 2012

Flea market ideas

I love flea markets - so many treasures to be found. In recent years, I've been able to pick up a lot of really good decorating ideas from flea market vendors. And so, I've found even another reason to love them. I want to share a couple of those ideas.

I love vintage mirrored dresser trays and they are readily available at very low prices. They come in all shapes and sizes. One vendor had three of them stacked with candle holders in between. So, I decided to borrow that idea for my guest bedroom and here is the result:



The small tray on top has small rings on the side to hold lipstick. I chose two green depression candle holders because they match my decor but just about any candle holders would work.

The other idea involves vintage Christmas lights. I've seen those vintage strands of lights with the large bulbs and have always wondered how in the world they could be used. So, I never bought any until I saw this idea at a flea market.



The vendor had used a vintage enamel container and placed the lights in it as if it were a bouquet. I have so many enamel pieces and just loved the idea. So, I bought several strands. Even though it's no longer Christmas, I think these colors look like Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Love the christmas light idea since I have strands of those lights! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete