Wednesday, November 23, 2011

And so I begin . . .

Not only do I display vintage decorations during the holidays, but I try to incorporate some of my other vintage items into my holiday decor.

DINING TABLE CENTERPIECE

As I was thinking about a centerpiece for my dining room table this year, I had the idea of using one of my flow blue pieces as the base. The piece is a planter that I normally use in my living room.

I have a vintage Coby tree cluster. It is a tree made of ornaments that slide onto a center support. Because of its size, it makes a perfect centerpiece. It sits perfectly on top of the flow blue planter that I wanted to use as the base of my centerpiece.

USING VINTAGE LINENS

I also wanted to incorporate some vintage linens into my centerpiece. I could have just covered my table with the linens but I decided to take it a step further and use some vintage doilies tucked into the planter at the base of the cluster tree.

I tried a couple of different variations. The first is using a white and a blue doily tucked into the planter.

In the second variation, I've tucked the golden yellow doily into the planter at the base of the tree and I've added a red striped tablecloth below the topper.


Using vintage items in such a fashion allows me to better coordinate my holiday decor and it also means that I don't have to store so many items after the holidays are over.

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I especially like the table with the red plaid tablecloth. The room looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I actually decided I like the second look better, so that's what I'm going with this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see more of your vintage holiday ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some more I'll post whenever I finish.

    ReplyDelete